Democratising forecasting is an intiaitive lead by Bahman Rostami-Tabar ans sponsored by the International Institute of Forecasters. The aim is to share knownoledge on forecasting and influence relevant practices prioritising the need of population and the society.
What participants will learn in the workshop?
Assuming basic knowledge of statistics, participants will learn:
- The importance of forecasting and its relation to decision making in organizations;
- How to prepare, manipulate and visualize data using R;
- The theory behind forecasting models;
- How to produce forecasts and evaluate their accuracy across a range of statistical forecasting models using real-world data;
- How to use R functions and their packages to use generate forecasts;
- How to visualize, export and report results for interpretation and insights using RMarkdown.
This workshop is for you if you are:
- an academic,researcher or student and want to expand your knowledge on forecasting using R software;
- a practitioner and want to learn how to analyse data and produce forecasts to inform decisions using R;
- a data scientist who wants to gain in depth understanding of forecasting process;
- a forecaster who wants to learn how to use R software for forecasting purpose.
- Basic knowledge in statistics;
- No knowledge of forecasting is assumed.
- No prior knowledge of R is assumed.
- Attending the webinar on Monday 9th December 2019.
Participants must bring their own laptop with a recent version of R and RStudio installed:
- Date: 9th December 2019
- Time: 02:30- 03:30 (UK Time)
- Title: Essentials for learning in the workshop
Day 1: 16 December 2019
- Essentials in R
- Reports with RMarkdown
- Data preparation
- Data manipulation
- Data visualization
Day 2: 17 December 2019
- Forecasting and decision making
- Time series patterns
- Forecaster’s toolbox: time series graphics, simple forecasting methods, residual diagnostics, accuracy measurement
Day 3: 18 December 2019
- ARIMA models
- Exponential smoothing models
- Model selection
- Start: 09:30 a.m.
- End: 04:30 p.m.
- Morning: 11:00 - 11:20
- Afternoon: 03:00 - 03:20 p.m.
- Lunch: 12:30 p.m. - 01:30 p.m.
Registeration will be closed on Friday 6th December 2019 at 17:00.
Caucasus University, Room C9, 1 Paata Saakadze , Tbilisi 0102 Georgia