Democratising forecasting is an intiaitive lead by Bahman Rostami-Tabar ans sponsored by the International Institute of Forecasters. The aim is to share knownoledge on forecasting and influence relevant practices prioritising the need of population and the society.
What participants will learn in the workshop?
Assuming basic knowledge of statistics, participants will learn:
- The importance of forecasting and its relation to decision making in organizations;
- How to prepare, manipulate and visualize data using R;
- The theory behind forecasting models;
- How to produce forecasts and evaluate their accuracy across a range of statistical forecasting models using real-world data;
- How to use R functions and their packages to use generate forecasts;
- How to visualize, export and report results for interpretation and insights using RMarkdown.
This workshop is for you if you are:
- a academic,researcher, professional, student(UG, MSc., PhD) and want to learn about time series forecasting using R software;
- a professional want to learn how to analyse data and produce forecasts to inform decisions using R in the organisations(I encourage people in healthcare to attend);
- a data scientist who wants to gain in depth understanding of forecasting process;
- a forecaster who wants to learn how to use R software for forecasting purpose.
- Basic knowledge in statistics;
- No knowledge of forecasting is assumed.
- No prior knowledge of R is assumed.
- Attending/ watching the webinar.
Participants must bring their own laptop with a recent version of R and RStudio installed:
- Date: 6th January 2020
- Time: 02:30- 03:30 (UK Time)
- Title: Essentials for learning in the workshop
Day 1: 8 January 2020
- Essentials in R
- Reports with RMarkdown
- Data preparation
- Data manipulation
- Data visualization
Day 2: 9 January 2020
- Forecasting and decision making
- Time series patterns
- Forecaster’s toolbox: time series graphics, simple forecasting methods, residual diagnostics, accuracy measurement
Day 3: 11 January 2020
- ARIMA models
- Exponential smoothing models
- Start: 09:30 a.m.
- End: 04:30 p.m.
- Morning: 11:00 - 11:20
- Afternoon: 03:00 - 03:20 p.m.
- Lunch: 12:30 p.m. - 01:30 p.m.
Registeration will be closed on Saturday 5th January 2020 at 17:00.
Student Hub at Al-Hussein Technical University, Building 23, King Hussein Business Park (KHBP), Amman