Assuming basic knowledge of statistics, participants will be able to do the following tasks when using forecasting to support decision making process in real World:
- Determine what to forecast according to a forecasting process framework;
- Prepare and manipulate data using functions in basic R, tidyverse and lubridate packages in R;
- Identify systematic patterns using time series toolbox in ggplot2 and forecasting related packages in R such as forecast package;
- Produce point forecasts and prediction intervals using R functions in forecasting related packages such as forecast and fable and user defined functions;
- Determine the accuracy of forecasting models using statistical accuracy performance measures for point and prediction intervals;
- Visualize, export and report result for interpretation and insights using RMarkdown.