Democratising forecasting workshop in Uganda
The 6th demcoratising forecasting workshop will take place in Makerere University Business School in April 2019. Democratising forecasting is an intiaitive lead by Bahman Rostami-Tabar. The aim is to share knownoledge on forecasting and influence relevant practices prioritising the need of population and the society.
Registeration is closed on Friday 5th April 2019 at 02:30 (UK time).
- Basic knowledge in statistics;
- No knowledge of forecasting is assumed.
- No prior knowledge of R is assumed.
- Attending the webinar.
Participants must bring their own laptop with a recent version of R and RStudio installed, along with the following packages and their dependencies:
- 08 April 2019
- Time: 02:30- 03:30 (UK Time)
Day 1: 23 April 2019
- R and RStudio Essentials
- Reports with RMarkdown
- Data preparation
- Data manipulation
- Data visualization
Day 2: 24 April 2019
- Forecasting and decision making
- Time series patterns
- Forecaster’s toolbox: time series graphics, simple forecasting methods, residual diagnostics, accuracy measurement
Day 3: 25 April 2019
- ARIMA models
- Exponential smoothing models
- Start: 09:30 a.m.
- End: 04:45 p.m.
- Morning: 11:15 - 11:30
- Afternoon: 03:30 - 03:45 p.m.
- Lunch: 01:00 p.m. - 02:00 p.m.