The 3rd demcoratising forecasting workshop will take place in Charmo University in October 2018. Democratising forecasting is a part of Forecasting4Change intiaitive lead by Bahman Rostami-Tabar. The aim is to share knownoledge on forecasting and influence relevant practices prioritising the need of population and the society.
Register in Eventbrite
Registeration is closed on Thursday 20 September 2018 at 02:30 (UK time).
- Basic knowledge in statistics;
- No knowledge of forecasting is assumed.
- No prior knowledge of R is assumed.
Participants must bring their own laptop with a recent version of R and RStudio installed, along with the following packages and their dependencies:
- 21 September 2018
- Time: 02:30- 03:30 (UK Time)
Day 1: 01 October 2018
- R and RStudio Essentials
- Reports with RMarkdown
- Data preparation
- Data manipulation
- Data visualization
Day 2: 02 October 2018
- Forecasting and decision making
- Time series patterns
- Forecaster’s toolbox: time series graphics, simple forecasting methods, residual diagnostics, accuracy measurement
- Exponential smoothing models
Day 3: 03 October 2018
- ARIMA models
- Model selection
- Start: 09:30 a.m.
- End: 04:30 p.m.
- " Morning: 11:15 - 11:30
- " Afternoon: 03:30 - 03:45 p.m.
- Lunch: 01:00 p.m. - 02:00 p.m.